Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Write about a memorable experience you have had staying at a hotel


It's our first night together. First day as husband and wife. First night as a couple.
A strange feeling grips my stomach. It's full of anticipation. Expectation. Fear of the unknown. And fear of being completely clueless when it comes to fulfilling the duties of a wife. Don't get me wrong, I've been looking forward to this moment for months. After all the planning, waiting, and keeping our clothes on, it's a little scary the time has finally come to reveal myself to another person in that way.
It's been one thing to open my heart, my mind, my hopes, my dreams, my emotions, and my trust to this man. Especially since he's proven himself more than worthy of all of them. But there's something about giving yourself over physically to another person. And not just out of lust or selfish desire. Out of love and mutual respect. The bringing together of two souls. To unite in love will be different than anything I've ever experienced. 
The elevator ride feels a little awkward after all the formal festivities of the day. Being surrounded by people didn't give us any alone time. Now it's just the two of us. The reality of the situation is hitting me. I'm married. Joined. Never to be parted again. This is how it will be from now on. Me and him against the world. United. Forever.
The thought gives me a thrill. I've always wanted, no, needed someone to have my back. I've had it periodically with different friends, but never in this concrete form. And never with someone so worthy of my loyalty in return.
I glance over at him, the thought of us sharing everything with each other bringing a smile to my face. I've wanted that since I realized he was the one for me.
His blue eyes are kind, gentle, calm. His shoulders relaxed. He's leaned back against the elevator's shinny crome interior, a small smile pulling his lips up at the sides. I realize just how big he is in that moment. He's like a lion, with his curly mane and broad shoulders. It's one of the many things I love about him. I feel so safe wrapped in those arms. Even though he's a giant, he's gentle. My gentle giant.
I wonder how I must look to him. Small. Scared. Maybe even a little nauseous. Is he feeling the same as me? His exterior gives nothing away.
As we arrive at the floor we're staying on, the doors slide open. I take a deep breath, tensing to enter the hallway. But my husband stops me before I can take a step, with a hand on my shoulder. He tips my head up so I look him in the eye, a finger caressing my cheek.
"Whatever happens tonight is up to you. We can take it as slow as you'd like."
His words comfort me. Remind me who I married. He's not a predator. He's my protector. I love him. I trust him. And I will give everything to him.
I lift my lips to his, standing on my toes to reach. This is the first of countless kisses. Just as this is the first of endless nights we will share by each other's side.
I  drop back down to my heels, ready to capture another first.

No comments:

Post a Comment