Thursday, February 18, 2016

Where do you like to do your journaling? At a desk, in your bed, at the coffee shop?


I twirl the pen between my fingers. It's been too long since I've last written. I need to update my life.
The last journal entry reads like a bullet point list. I've been doing that lately, falling into the habit of just listing major events. But what I really need to write about are specific experiences, or cool things we've been doing, or maybe even neat little Hesston stories.
I read the last line of the entry and turn to the next page. The blankness stares back at me. Where to begin?
I lie back on my pillows and pull the covers up to my neck. Closing my eyes, I run through the last couple months of my life. So much has happened. How do I record it all? Gah...I need to do this more often.
My comfy bed calls for sleep. But I have a mission to do. If I don't take advantage of the quiet time now, I'll never get to it.
The clock ticks off another minute. I have about an hour before Hesston will wake up.
Taking the pen to the paper, I begin to spill my life onto the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment